For individual Journeys by Rail, Train’Share and Private Car owners
Personalized Bookings: Although an Internet system may be used to manage travel arrangements, to ensure that every passenger enjoys a personalized Journey by Rail, all bookings are made directly with our reservations department or an authorized travel or other agent.
- A provisional reservation provides a related “Recipient” with a first right of refusal for a specific expected Journey by Rail based on availability, with no deposit, other payment or use obligation. This can be desirable to hold a potentially preferred Journey by Rail because there is a growing demand for the limited number of early Journeys that are available, and departures are somewhat tentative because Covid-19 has caused Amtrak to curtail some pertinent services.
- A provisional reservation for a single Journey (bedroom) can be made at any time before and must be confirmed at least 147 days prior to the expected departure date.
- A provisional reservation that includes two or three Journeys (bedrooms) can be made at any time before and must be confirmed at least 175 days prior to the expected departure date.
- A provisional reservation that includes more than three or all of the Journeys (bedrooms) available in a single car can be made at any time before and must be confirmed at least 196 days prior to the expected departure date.
- If provisional reservations are not confirmed as required, the reservation is subject to cancellation without further notice.
- When provisional Journey reservations are confirmed, they are subject to normal reservation, deposit and payment provisions.
- An earlier refundable deposit in an amount to be determined may be required for a provisional reservation if a Recipient requests special Journey related arrangements or for other sensible reasons.
- If a person other than the Recipient wants to confirm a Journey for which there is a provisional reservation, the Recipient with the provisional reservation has a first right to confirm the related reservation during the three day period following the day on which ATs gives such Recipient related notice by email, telephone contact and/or mobile phone text. It is the sole responsibility of such Recipient to check for and be aware of such inbound emails or mobile phone texts. The provisional reservation is subject to cancellation on the fourth day.
- If a departure date for a desired expected future Journey route has not yet been confirmed because Amtrak has not finalized its timetables due to Covid-19, or for other reasons, a provisional reservation can be used to hold space without specifying the date of departure by otherwise adequately describing Journey preferences, for example, “the first available Journey”.
- A Recipient can change an expected or tentative provisional reservation departure date for a specified Journey itinerary to a different available departure date for the same Journey itinerary at any time.
- Journeys for which there are provisional reservations can be cancelled, itineraries can be changed, and fares can be revised at the sole discretion of ATs without prior notice to a Recipient. In this event ATs will advise a Recipient accordingly by email, telephone contact and/or mobile phone text. In this event, a Recipient has three days after being given related notice to confirm the provisional reservation fare(s)
- Provisional reservation fares can be confirmed by Recipients at any time by making a confirmed reservation.
Contact reservations at 817 696-1507, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your travel agent
Endless things to do.