Covid-19 vaccinations: All passengers and crew members must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Passengers must provide proof of vaccination, by email or mail, to the America’s Trains reservation office that provided travel documents at least three days before departure, and to Journey by Rail crew prior to boarding. If these requirements change based on the latest related information, passengers will be notified in ample time prior to departure.
Uncrowded luxury vacations are “leading the way to recovery for the entire travel industry” (according to Virtuoso the travel industry’s leading luxury network); and, “interest in private rail travel in a post-pandemic world is increasing” (according to Forbes magazine) because the private train segment allows for a “lot more social distancing” (according to Rail Bookers, the leading provider of independent rail vacations) and “features low density” vacations with easily managed avoidance of contagious illness.
Journey by Rail Health Risks and Mitigation: ATs Journey by Rail characteristics provide relatively ideal vacation circumstances for the avoidance of contagious illness. The small number of and low passenger density on each Journey allows polite preclusion of passengers that may have a contagious illness. A prevention plan and stringent related crew member training deters existence of health risks on rail cars, and at en-route layovers. This includes:
- Passengers must be fully vaccinated.
- Passenger face masks are optional.
- Crew are fully vaccinated.
- No lineups and sparse, separated seating.
- Appropriate air filtration.
- A pre-Journey passenger healthiness confirmation.
- Consideration of communicable illness conditions where passengers live or just came from.
- Possible basic health checks when first boarding Cars.
- Thorough on-Car disinfecting and hygiene criterion.
- Intense preemptive measure in all areas of food handling and service.
- Luggage is disinfected before being brought on board rail cars.
- Preemptive procedures at layover locations and other proactive preventative measures to eliminate related passenger concerns.
- Restricted Journey passenger movement between ATs and Amtrak cars, based on need.
- Other non-intrusive safeguards to prevent contamination on Cars and transmission of contagious ailments between passengers.